Well, it seems that in spite of (or maybe because of?) my dislike for blogger awards, I have received another one. This one, the One Lovely Blog Award,
was bestowed upon me by a blogger I greatly respect and love to read, datingbitch of onlinedatingjournal.wordpress.com. She tells it like it is and pulls no punches. It takes a person with supreme confidence to be as honest as she apparently is on her blog about her life. Kudos!
As always, these ‘awards’ (really just a way to spread word of YOUR blog, which I guess is the reason I rather dislike them. Don’t call it an award, just call it what it is.) come with a set of rules attached, and here are those rules:
The Rules of Acceptance
- Thank the person/people who nominated you and link back to them in your post. – Check!
- Share seven possibly unknown things about yourself.
- Nominate fifteen or so bloggers you admire. – Completed.
- Contact the chosen bloggers to let them know and link back to them
- I once read 90 books in one summer.
- My number is currently at 13 (12.5 if you count my ex-wife)
- The weight-guesser at the carnival ALWAYS guesses my weight to be less than I am
- I was an orphan by the time I was 23
- I spent a summer in a forced dormitory situation
- I lived with 2 gay men for 6 months
- Fuck it, that’s all ya get
As far as the nom-nom-nom-inees they are:
Honest Toddler – a hilarious & poignant look at motherhood from the wise-ass toddler perspective
The Immature Man’s Guide
Does writing excuse watching? – One of my first followers. Much gratitude.
elysianhunter’s Adventures in Whine Country
the sandy tongue– Slams on hipsters with the best…
BatDoc– Demotivator Extrordinaire
Joe’s Shitty Ideas– Half-baked ideas that are truly stupendous
Everyone Has A Story– Love, Faith & humor.
Lill and Jill– Hilarious partial conversations
THE IDIOT SPEAKETH
Those are the lucky 13.
Thanks again to datingbitch for nominating me, :)